The main reason why you need hire an experienced and capable worker’s comp attorney in Monrovia is so that they can bridge the gap between your employer obtain compensation for your injury or loss. There are different kinds of injuries and incidents that may be sustained at your workplace and the following is just an example. Disability, slips and falls, work vehicle accidents and even wrongful death. All these are issues that can find the justice they deserve.
The Best Workers Compensation Attorney in California
Before you retain an experienced compensation attorney in California to help you, it is important for you to consider some factors. You need to consider the extent of your injury and ask yourself whether there is need for compensation. Severe injuries will stand a much better ground with this regard. Minor issues may not be enough cause to lay these kinds of claims.
Before you proceed with a case, it is vital that you sort out the percentage fee that your workers compensation attorney is going to get. Once you are clear, you can proceed. There are many conflicts that present themselves with lawyers. Different states will have a certain percentage that lawyers are entitled to.
The Advantages of Working With a Workers Compensation Lawyer
Whether you are a labor or a corporate worker, you are not safe from any potential accidents that might occur at your workplace. Usually, field workers are more prone to accidents as the work they do requires quite a lot of manpower and tedious toil. Big cities involve more construction and therefore a worker's comp lawyer is a highly sought after individual. If by chance a worker is subject to an accident, a worker's comp attorney will help the worker acquire rights that are to be given to him if he is injured by an accident at work.
Many people think that accidents at a workplace are only factory related or construction site related. However, this may not hold true every time. Accidents might happen anywhere around your workplace. The basic aspect to consider is how you can avoid these accidents. Following are some measures that will help you in being safe at your work environment:
• The most common accident is slipping on a wet floor. Slipping on a wet floor would lead to torn muscles, broken bones and concussions. Therefore, it is of great importance that you keep your mind alert on the path you are walking on, and focus on where you are heading to. Avoid reading newspapers, texting on your phone and being mentally lost somewhere while you are walking. When you spot a 'wet floor' sign, take any other diversion instead of attempting to walk on the already wet floor.
• Instead of being shy about not knowing anything, you better ask about it. There is no shame in asking about how particular equipment might work or be handled. Do not make guesses about how it will be operated. Simply ask your senior employees or ask anyone around.
• Keep it neat. A clean desktop and a tidy environment are less likely to encounter accidents as compared to a dirty one. For instance, a fire at your workplace will not be as hazardous in an environment where you have all documents, papers and other things in order, as compared to a place where everything that can catch fire is lying around as clutter.
• In places where you are subject to hazardous chemicals or radiations, especially factories, wear protective clothing like lab coats, gloves or goggles where necessary. For all the fieldwork, do not ignore the helmet.
• Have your fire alarm and security alarm checked by the electric personnel from time to time. If you are the owner of the workplace, make sure all your employees know where to head to if there is a fire. Have first aid equipment ready or handy to everyone at your office. Educate them about the basic things to do if, by chance, an accident occurs.
• You must also be aware of the work compensation legislation in your country or state. You must never be reluctant to file a work accident claim if you have encountered an accident. The owners of the workplace should know that something illegal has happened and should be avoided in the future. After all, your health and your life are your priceless possession.
Why Do I Need A Workers Compensation Lawyer?
Acupuncture is an accepted medical option for treating a work related injury. In 2007, the California Department of Industrial Relations made revisions to current workers compensation laws and deemed acupuncture to be a covered medical modality for injured workers. What this means to injured workers is an increase in treatment options and less reliance on pain medications and muscle relaxants. Natural relief from work related injuries is now an option and all of California workers need to be made aware that this amazing medicine is available to them.
Dealing with a work injury can not only leave you in pain, but also confused about your treatment options. Often, companies are contracted to send their employees to specific medical facilities when they're injured. As long as it's not an injury requiring emergency medical care, the employer sends the employee to someone within their Medical Provider Network (MPN), a group of preassigned health care professionals set up by the employers insurance company. If you are unhappy with the provider you are sent to, you can request another provider from the network. If the thought of going to an unknown provider is unsettling to you and you are already a current acupuncture patient, you can sign a form pre-designating your acupuncturist as your primary health care provider in case of a work related injury. To ensure you can use the acupuncturist as your workers compensation provider, your employer must offer group health coverage, you must have been to the acupuncturist before, the acupuncturist must have those medical records and, prior to the injury, you must have signed the letter of pre-designation.
Due to many medical providers abusing the workers compensation system, limitations have been put in place. No longer are medical providers granted unlimited treatments of patients. Chiropractics, physical therapists and occupational therapists have been limited to only 24 treatments. When using acupuncture, functional improvement is expected within 3-6 treatments, with the patient being treated 1-3 times a week. Typically, the expected duration of treatments is from 1-2 months, but treatments can be extended with documentation of continuing functional improvement.
Acupuncture can get employees back to work faster and can be done in conjunction with other healing modalities. If you're already using acupuncture for health care, make sure to fill out a pre-designation form allowing you to use your acupuncturist in case of a work related injury. Our goal is to get you feeling better as soon as possible, getting you back to work as soon as possible and enjoying life pain-free once again.