The main reason why you need hire an experienced and capable worker’s comp attorney in Altadena is so that they can bridge the gap between your employer obtain compensation for your injury or loss. There are different kinds of injuries and incidents that may be sustained at your workplace and the following is just an example. Disability, slips and falls, work vehicle accidents and even wrongful death. All these are issues that can find the justice they deserve.
The Best Lawyer For Work Injury in California
Before you retain an experienced compensation attorney in California to help you, it is important for you to consider some factors. You need to consider the extent of your injury and ask yourself whether there is need for compensation. Severe injuries will stand a much better ground with this regard. Minor issues may not be enough cause to lay these kinds of claims.
Before you proceed with a case, it is vital that you sort out the percentage fee that your workers compensation attorney is going to get. Once you are clear, you can proceed. There are many conflicts that present themselves with lawyers. Different states will have a certain percentage that lawyers are entitled to.
The Advantages of Working With a Workers Compensation Lawyer
Yesterday a patient came in to the clinic to receive treatment for such severe pain that made it difficult for him to walk, work or sleep. He had just been to see yet another worker's comp attorney, who had informed him that the likelihood of him receiving permanent disability was next to nothing to the chagrin of the patient who was a personal comp lawyer himself.
He had fallen on a patch of ice on his way to defend a client who had fallen from a pole while fixing electric wires for the DWP. He was able to crawl to a bench and call an ambulance. At the hospital the doctors iced the injury, gave him some anti-inflammatory medication and sent him home. Over the next few months his pain proceeded to get worse, running throughout his spine and down his legs. His pain medication was increased. In order for him to endure a day up and about he needed to take so much medication that he could not function. The doctors suggested that he had perhaps impacted the spine in such a way that the nerves were being compressed. However, none of this was clearly showing on the X-rays and MRI's.
It was suggested by a friend that he see a chiropractor. The chiropractor began adjusting him every week which allowed him more leg mobility and less numbness, but the pain was still excruciating and at times led to collapse. By the time he began receiving Acupuncture, his right leg had withered. He had burning pain down both sides of his spine and legs. He had not worked in over a year and was living at home with his mother. He was on every kind of pain medication and would drink a lot of alcohol in order to sleep.
The clinic was able to diminish his pain for short periods of time, and stop the spasms, but they could do nothing to alleviate his fury at a government system that would not give him the help he needed unless he was practically bedridden. If he tried to work from home the courts said that he was able to work, therefore he was ineligible for permanent disability under the personal comp system in place. If his pain receded or he began to show signs of improvement, he was frightened that it would injure his case.
He knew how it all worked. Though he had worked as an attorney in this field for years, he had not understood until now the frustration clients were experiencing. He had not understood how difficult it was to fight for what was necessary when you were in mental and physical pain. After jumping through hoop after hoop and seeing lawyer after lawyer he finally quit fighting. Two years had gone by without any substantial relief from symptoms or signs of progress in his legal battles.
Because he was a committed patient the clinic kept seeing him for free. After giving up, his symptoms improved dramatically. He had pain free weeks. The burning subsided. He was able to sleep and drink less. He eventually was able to reduce his pain medication to be able to work again. He became an expert in personal comp law, with a gift for helping those in pain to understand the blessings of fighting as well as surrender.
What is Worker's Compensation? Can I Get It?
Whether you are a labor or a corporate worker, you are not safe from any potential accidents that might occur at your workplace. Usually, field workers are more prone to accidents as the work they do requires quite a lot of manpower and tedious toil. Big cities involve more construction and therefore a worker's comp lawyer is a highly sought after individual. If by chance a worker is subject to an accident, a worker's comp attorney will help the worker acquire rights that are to be given to him if he is injured by an accident at work.
Many people think that accidents at a workplace are only factory related or construction site related. However, this may not hold true every time. Accidents might happen anywhere around your workplace. The basic aspect to consider is how you can avoid these accidents. Following are some measures that will help you in being safe at your work environment:
• The most common accident is slipping on a wet floor. Slipping on a wet floor would lead to torn muscles, broken bones and concussions. Therefore, it is of great importance that you keep your mind alert on the path you are walking on, and focus on where you are heading to. Avoid reading newspapers, texting on your phone and being mentally lost somewhere while you are walking. When you spot a 'wet floor' sign, take any other diversion instead of attempting to walk on the already wet floor.
• Instead of being shy about not knowing anything, you better ask about it. There is no shame in asking about how particular equipment might work or be handled. Do not make guesses about how it will be operated. Simply ask your senior employees or ask anyone around.
• Keep it neat. A clean desktop and a tidy environment are less likely to encounter accidents as compared to a dirty one. For instance, a fire at your workplace will not be as hazardous in an environment where you have all documents, papers and other things in order, as compared to a place where everything that can catch fire is lying around as clutter.
• In places where you are subject to hazardous chemicals or radiations, especially factories, wear protective clothing like lab coats, gloves or goggles where necessary. For all the fieldwork, do not ignore the helmet.
• Have your fire alarm and security alarm checked by the electric personnel from time to time. If you are the owner of the workplace, make sure all your employees know where to head to if there is a fire. Have first aid equipment ready or handy to everyone at your office. Educate them about the basic things to do if, by chance, an accident occurs.
• You must also be aware of the work compensation legislation in your country or state. You must never be reluctant to file a work accident claim if you have encountered an accident. The owners of the workplace should know that something illegal has happened and should be avoided in the future. After all, your health and your life are your priceless possession.