The main reason why you need hire an experienced and capable worker’s comp attorney in El Monte is so that they can bridge the gap between your employer obtain compensation for your injury or loss. There are different kinds of injuries and incidents that may be sustained at your workplace and the following is just an example. Disability, slips and falls, work vehicle accidents and even wrongful death. All these are issues that can find the justice they deserve.
The Best Best Workers Comp Attorney in California
Before you retain an experienced compensation attorney in California to help you, it is important for you to consider some factors. You need to consider the extent of your injury and ask yourself whether there is need for compensation. Severe injuries will stand a much better ground with this regard. Minor issues may not be enough cause to lay these kinds of claims.
Before you proceed with a case, it is vital that you sort out the percentage fee that your workers compensation attorney is going to get. Once you are clear, you can proceed. There are many conflicts that present themselves with lawyers. Different states will have a certain percentage that lawyers are entitled to.
The Advantages of Working With a Workers Compensation Lawyer
Suffering from an injury is never a pleasant experience. This is especially true if you fall victim to a tragic hand injury as the result of your job. Workplace injuries can happen suddenly simply as the result of an everyday worksite interaction, no matter what field you are employed in. Because of this ever-present danger it is important you realize what steps you can take to prevent hand injuries on the job.
From carpal tunnel to torn ligaments there are many painful and potentially debilitating injuries that can impact your hand. Some steps you can take to prevent these accidents from occurring while working include the following:
- Always wear proper protective gear, such as gloves, when performing strenuous labor or heavy lifting with your hands. This is also particularly important if you are working with sharp materials.
- Use caution when working near moving parts and moving structures, as these can often present situations where it is easy to get your hand caught, resulting in a potential dismemberment of the hand or another serious injury.
- If you spend a significant portion of the workday performing repetitive motions, such as typing on a keyboard or assembling identical products, it is important you take measures for the prevention of carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Never use tools or machinery you are unfamiliar with or unable to operate. This will help prevent tragic accidents and unexpected malfunction.
- Use caution when lifting heavy items in order to avoid slamming your hand between objects.
- Be careful when working near or with electricity and heat points. This will help you avoid painful hand burns.
If you do fall victim to a workplace hand injury it is important you seek the assistance of an experienced legal professional who can help you fight for the workers' comp benefits you deserve for the resulting pain, suffering, medical costs, and lost wages.
How do I File a Worker's Compensation Claim
In the unfortunate event you should suffer an injury on the job, you may find comfort from co-workers who send their sympathies. You would hope, too, that your employers would understand your need to recover and the time involved. Sometimes, though, some workers have found that their bosses are more concerned about time and money lost to the company because of your injury. You may have done everything right with regards to filing for Workers Compensation, but depending on the nature of your injury you may discover your relationship with superiors is altered.
It's important to recognize that your company can dispute your claim if your bosses feel there is no cause to cover your injury. You work for a business, and as such you are responsible for helping your business remain solvent and profitable. When you become hurt on the job and are removed from the workplace, the company risks losing money and productivity, and should it be determined that your compensation claim is legitimate more money is spent to cover your bills. As more claims are paid out, your company may end up paying higher insurance premiums. Therefore, there is the chance that your workplace may challenge your claim if:
- They feel your injury is not as serious as you claim it to be.
- They feel your injury occurred as a result of a pre-existing illness or injury that happened outside of work.
- They feel you do not require too much time to recover in hospital or at home, and can return to work.
What do you do? You may feel hurt or discouraged, and equate a challenge to Worker's Comp claim as an inference that you have not been truthful about your injury. One thing you do not want to do is arouse your employers' suspicion or ire, especially if you plan to continue working for the company. You will want to remain calm and consult with a personal injury lawyer with regards to your next steps:
- Verify your injury through physician reports and X-rays where applicable.
- Your lawyer may wish to meet with co-workers who were witness to your injury in order to support your claim.
It is important, while your claim is still under consideration, to remain professional in the workplace and around supervisors and co-workers. If you are able to return to work before the claim is accepted or denied, perform your tasks to the best of your ability and try not to discuss your situation. Listen to your attorney, too, for he/she is there to help you get the compensation you need.